ICA module to Archway

Proposal to Integrate Interchain Accounts (ICA) Module into Archway

Introduction
Hello Archway Community,

As we continually seek to enhance the Archway ecosystem, I propose the integration of the Interchain Accounts (ICA) module into Archway. This proposal outlines the benefits and potential of incorporating ICA into our platform.

Background
Interchain Accounts, a feature of the Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC) protocol, allows for the control of accounts on one blockchain from another blockchain. It’s a powerful tool for expanding the capabilities of our ecosystem. More details on ICA can be found in this comprehensive tutorial: ICA Tutorial.

Proposal Details

1. Integration of ICA: This involves incorporating the ICA module into the Archway network to enable cross-chain account management.

2. Use Cases and Benefits:

• Enhanced Cross-chain Functionality: ICA will allow Archway users to manage accounts and execute transactions on connected IBC-enabled blockchains, broadening our operational scope.
    • Simplified User Experience: Users will be able to manage diverse blockchain activities through a single interface on Archway, streamlining user interactions.
    • Increased Developer Flexibility: Developers can build more complex and integrated dApps, leveraging the ability to control accounts on multiple blockchains.
  3. Implementation Plan:

• Technical Assessment and Planning: Conduct a thorough analysis to assess the technical requirements and develop an implementation roadmap.
    • Community Feedback and Collaboration: Engage with the Archway community and developers for input and collaboration throughout the implementation process.
    • Testing and Deployment: Ensure rigorous testing is carried out before the full deployment of the ICA module.

Request for Community Feedback
We value the Archway community’s insights and invite feedback, suggestions, and discussions on this proposal. Your input is vital in ensuring that we make informed and beneficial enhancements to our ecosystem.

Thank you for considering this proposal. I look forward to your thoughts and contributions towards making Archway an even more robust and versatile blockchain platform.

Ohad from the Nomos team

3 Likes

YES! I think this is a good idea. I’ll let Phi Labs Protocol team expand on timelines.

2 Likes

I think this is a good idea. We believe this should be developed and pushed to improve UX and continue to push innovative new features the Cosmos offers to chains building on its tech stack.

1 Like

Hi @OhadBachner

Thanks for your proposal.

Initially, I just want to share that we have an established process for feature proposals for the archway protocol. You can find the details here: Archway Improvement Proposals (AIPs) · archway-network · Discussion #17 · GitHub This allows for code related discussions to happen much closer to where the code lives and helps us track it better.

Regarding the integration of interchain accounts module to archway, I am a bit confused by what this means.
Archway already has ICA Host enabled since Archway v2 (Mintscan). If there is any need for ICA Controller, please share using the above mentioned process AIP so we can look further into it.

For the contracts on Archway to use ICA, that is already possible as Cosmwasm supports ICA. Here is more documentation around it. Guide for using CosmWasm ICA contracts · archway-network · Discussion #3 · GitHub
Additionally, we also have polytone deployed on archway which helps with ICA use as well. Here are the details of the current Polytone connections Add polytone connections between multiple chains and archway by Kayanski · Pull Request #245 · archway-network/networks · GitHub

3 Likes

Thanks that will help us a lot!